Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Motivation

What is your motivation? What keeps you on track? What makes you start? My road to weight loss has been a struggle. Self-Esteem has always been an issue.. I was caught up in a delusional marriage, living someone elses life and hurting myself more and more everyday.. Food was my escape.. it did not judge me it just gave me what I needed. When my marriage fell apart and I was left with picking up the pieces and forced to be strong for my three boy.. it was what I needed. Rock Bottom was good solid ground to start over. In putting myself first I was creating a better life for my boys. As I became a stronger person emotionally and physically we all benefited more. I began my weight loss in January of 2010 and it has been a heck of a ride. Good days and bad days, failures and wins. What I have gained from this journey so far is worth so much to me. I am living my own life, I am setting goals, I am achieving Goals, I am taking steps out of my comfort zone, I am pushing my own boundaries.

I went from a big ol couch potato watching my kids play to now being the one saying "lets grab our bike and go for a ride", I am being an ACTIVE part of my kids lives.. I love it!! They are loving it!!

Here is my MOTIVATION..


Seamus is 9. He is my Hockey player, my TOUGH guy... We are wanting to do Tree Go this Summer.. Tree go is a Zip Line adventure...definitely out of my comfort zone but I can't wait!!!






Jacob is turning 6 in a few weeks he is my Funny Guy, Always laughing always hugging and always the centre of attention... Jacob and I are planning our mini adventure this summer he wants to climb Jacobs Ladder . It is a hiking trail with stairs and water falls.. We are both very excited!
















Aiden is the baby he will be 2 in June and although he was my excuse for all the weight I was carrying I have now come to terms with it and have realized that you do not gain 60 pounds of baby fat!~!! We are both happier now!! lol.. Aiden has super big brown eyes and man does he ever know how to use them... He is my Heart throb.. a little ladies man.. Aiden and I are a running sensation.. we have recently ran our first 5k and we loved it.. What an amazing accomplishment.. and who better to celebrate it with.. I pushed him over the finish line!!!



















Here are a few things that I use to keep me motivated... In the gym I am always saying "I got this".. "I can do this".. I always tell myself it is about being Healthy and Strong.. and "when in doubt work it out'.. when I miss count a set and not sure if it was 10 or 15 reps I will always do 5 more that 5 less!!!




Whats your motivation.













3 comments:

  1. Lovely post where your motivation comes from! Your children look happy, healthy and adorable!

    My motivation comes from within to become a better version of myself because I didn't like the person I was (inside and out) a few years ago! Being a great future mommy is also a motivator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My motivation is my daughter. I want to be able to play with her without having to stop because I'm so tired.

    BTW I'm back to the blogging world it's been a few month hiatus but I'm more motivated than I have ever been. Hope you are having a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My motivation comes from myself. I am pushing myself to use
    home gyms to get in shape!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Deluxe Designs